No matter whether your loved one has been away visiting family or they have been posted overseas for a number of months due to work commitments, you will no doubt be super excited about their return. One of the best ways to ensure your partner receives a warm welcome is to ensure the house is prepared for their return. No one wants to come home to dirty dishes after all! Here are some suggestions to help you out…
- Get the temperature right – There is nothing worse than opening your front door, and entering a freezing cold house! Equally, no one wants to walk into a property that is stuffy and humid. It’s simply impossible to get comfortable. This is why one of the most important things to do is get the temperature right. Contact R&T Services if you need some advice on heating and cooling the home. Professionals like this can recommend the best solution for your property specifically.
- Buy a few of their favorite treats – A few home comforts can go a long way, especially if your partner has been out of the country for quite some time. Why not add a few of their favorite things to your house to put a smile on their face? You can fill a bowl with their favorite sweets, for example. Or, why not buy a few of the magazines they like or spray a fragrance you know they enjoy? A sweet, comforting scent can make a bigger difference than you might realize.
- Clean and de-clutter – There is nothing worse than coming home after a long time away to find that it needs a good clean! Now would be the perfect time to completely de-clutter and give your house a good clean from top to bottom. Get rid of all the things you don’t need. If something doesn’t have a place, chuck it away. Nonetheless, do be mindful of throwing away anything that is your partner’s. An argument could easily arise if your chuck out one of their favorite gadgets! If you are unsure, wait until your partner gets back before getting rid of certain things.
- Invest in some new plush cushions and throws – You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make a big difference to the home. Why not invest in some new plush cushions and a soft throw? Not only will this add color and personality to your house, but it will add comfort too. Snuggles on the sofa will be even better!
- Add some flowers and plants – A little bit of nature can make a big difference. Not only in terms of the appearance of your property, but it will improve the airflow as well, making the home much more comfortable and enjoyable to be in.
Follow the tips mentioned above, and you can make sure your partner gets the welcome home they deserve. This will definitely get you on their good books for the next few weeks, that is for sure!
Disclosure: This is a contributed post.