Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received a complimentary copy of This Is Us: Music from the Series in exchange for writing this review on my blog. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
This Is Us. Wow. What an amazing tv show! I didn’t watch it when it first aired but came in right before the mid season episode. One of the things that I enjoyed about it most was the music. Every single song fit into the scene it was put in. I also love that it’s not obnoxiously loud as I am prone to getting headaches if it is. I’d like to mention that I am a fan of older music as well.
A few of my favorite songs from the series are definitely Death With Dignity by Sufjan Stevens, Watch Me by Labi Siffre and If Only by Maria Taylor. All 3 are beautiful songs but they also have something in common. How mellow they sound. They are in a way kind of relaxing and I like that about them. In all honesty, I could listen to this music from the series on repeat. Sure I may have my faves but every song is worth listening to.
- Death With Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- Willin’ – Mandy Moore
- Can’t Find My Way Home – Blind Faith
- Uptight (Everything’s Alright) – Stevie Wonder
- The Calvary Cross – Richard Thompson & Linda Thompson
- Watch Me – Labi Siffre
- The Wind – Cat Stevens
- Come Talk To Me – Goldspot
- Blues Run The Game – Jackson C. Frank
- If Only – Maria Taylor (featuring Conor Oberst)
- Northern Sky – Nick Drake
- If I Ever Was A Child – Wilco
- Because Of You – Gene Clark
- Evergreen Cassette (Tape Mix) – Goldspot
- Without You – Badfinger
- The World’s Smiling Now – Jim James
- Photograph – Ringo Starr
- We Can Always Come Back To This – Brian Tyree Henry
- This Is Us Score Suite – Siddhartha Khosla
Preorder This Is Us (Music from the Series) here: https://UMe.lnk.to/ThisIsUs
There will be a Facebook Listening Party on release date Sept. 15 at 10am PT/1pm ET. To check it out, go here: https://www.facebook.com/events/254683568386206/?action_history=null
If you are fans of the show and the music, PLEASE SHARE the event over on Facebook. 🙂
Nominated for 10 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, “This Is Us” chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Mandy Moore) as young parents in the 1980s and 1990s to their now adult kids Kevin (Justin Hartley), Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) searching for love, fulfillment and healing in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the events in our lives – both big and small – impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death. Chris Sullivan, Susan Kelechi Watson and Ron Cephas Jones also star.
This Is Us Season 2 premieres September 26th at 9pm EST on NBC.