As the temperatures fall, Christmas gets closer and closer. As Christmas is associated with happy and positive emotions, it is always nice to give your home a festive feel sooner rather than later. This is a great way to boost the mood and add warmth to your home. With that in mind, read on to discover some of the best ways to give your home a festive feel.
- Introduce the scents of the season – To truly give your home a festive vibe, it is important to engage all of the senses. You can use different scents to create a celebratory and magical feeling. Warm aromas of orange, evergreen, spices, and cinnamon are associated with Christmas.
- Decorate with homemade crafts – Not only is this a great way to make your home feel Christmassy, but it gives you the chance to spend some quality time with your kids. If you take a look online, there are many different crafts you can make. Why not create your own stockings and hang them from your fireplace? There are different types of sewing machines on the market that will make it easy for you to put together the perfect stocking. Other craft suggestions include DIY Christmas wreaths, cross-stitched décor, and snow globe cookie jars.
- Add warmth – Create an inviting atmosphere by adding warmth to your home. If you have a fireplace in your property, light it up. Not only will this keep out the winter chill, but also it will ensure that your home has a gorgeous, cozy glow. Pile throws and soft blankets onto the armchairs and sofa, and use festively coloured, thick rugs to cover any wooden floors. You can also use candles and elegant lamps rather than solely relying on the main lights in a room to create visual warmth.
- Make sure you have a wreath on display – There is no denying that a wreath is one of the most festive decorations. You don’t have to go down the traditional route, though, as there are many different options today. If you want to avoid the standard greenery and pinecones, why not go for something modern, like a wreath that has been made from geometric shapes?
- Add some nature – When it comes to holiday greenery, the possibilities are well and truly endless. Why not decorate candles with some ribbon and evergreen sprigs for an easy and effective festive adornment? You could also add a small poinsettia to your bathroom or kitchen. Another easy yet striking way to give your home a holiday vibe is to fill a clear vase with pinecones and use it as an ornament.
- Festive table decorations – Last but not least, add some festive flair to your home with unique table decorations. After all, Christmas is all about getting the family together and enjoying good food. While there are plenty of amazing festive centrepieces available to buy, you can also make your own table centrepiece if you would prefer.
So there you have it; six ways to ensure your home has that incredible, warm festive vibe!
Disclosure: This is a contributed post.