I have always wanted to try out a memory foam mattress. However, every time I have looked into getting one, the cost has made me cringe. They can be super expensive. When NECTAR offered up the chance for me to review a NECTAR mattress, I jumped on it for a few reasons. 1, it gives me the chance to finally try one out and 2, I had heard many great things about the NECTAR brand through other customers and even bloggers.
Let’s get on to the review. I have several sections I will discuss in hopes that it will help you in your purchase decision should you choose to buy a NECTAR.
- NECTAR arrived via Fedex.
- It came rolled up in a blue outer bag.
- The queen size NECTAR weighs 74 lbs. ASK FOR HELP BRINGING IT IN! (Even for any of the other sizes NECTAR offers.)
- Upon opening the outer blue bag, I noticed there was also an inner tannish bag. This is a reusable bag with handy straps to make the NECTAR easier to carry around. (Not so easy carrying it up the stairs. Again, ASK FOR HELP!)
- Inside of the tannish bag, the NECTAR itself is rolled up in thick plastic. The thick plastic is meant to protect the mattress itself.
- Set up was a breeze.
- My husband and I had it set up within 5 minutes.
- We made sure to use the special tool that is included to cut through the thick plastic.
- Be sure to stand back when releasing the NECTAR mattress to open.
- Make sure that once the mattress is opened to have the NECTAR logo showing at the end of your bed.
- For foundation, we personally use a boxspring. However, the NECTAR can be used on platform and most other flat support surfaces – even the floor.
- Allow NECTAR to fully expand for at least 2 hours.
- The NECTAR has a somewhat strong smell when first out of the box. This usually lasts around the first 2 days.
- After 1 week the smell should decrease a lot.
- I personally smell it every once in awhile but it doesn’t bother me.
- The smell itself is not harmful so don’t be afraid to breathe around the NECTAR.
- Movement can make or break a mattress.
- In my case, I have noticed a huge decrease in how often I can feel my husband move in his sleep during the night. On our old spring mattress, he would wake me up often.
- On the NECTAR, I have more sleepful nights. Thanks NECTAR! 😉
- This was a huge worry of mine. As someone who suffers from multiple spinal conditions, I need something to sleep on that is just right for my back. Going into this review I thought maybe the NECTAR would be “too soft”. I was wrong in this assumption.
- NECTAR has one firmness level which is medium firm.
- Firmness in my opinion is perfect especially for those who do suffer from back problems of any kind.
*365 Night Risk Free Trial*
- With NECTAR, you have a full year to try it out to see if it is ideal for you.
- If NECTAR is not the perfect mattress for you, the company will arrange pickup of mattress and refund you 100%. Yes, you read that right. 100%.
- Good option to have for those who are unsure if NECTAR will be a perfect fit for them.
- NECTAR offers it’s customers the “Forever Warranty”.
- The “Forever Warranty” guarantees construction, materials, quality and durability of the NECTAR forever.
- The company stands behind NECTAR and are confident that it will be the one and only mattress purchasers will ever need.
- For the first 1 to 5 years should something go wrong with the NECTAR, a full replacement is offered for FREE.
- After 5 years, ALL repairs and replacements will be honored for a single transportation fee of $100 which if a defect is found will be waived.
- Cost of the NECTAR mattresses ranges from $500 to $900. (Twin, $500. Twin XL, $550. Full, $700. Queen, $795. King, $900. California King, $900)
- NECTAR offers its mattresses at affordable prices. With the 365 Night Risk Free Trial + the Forever Warranty, I feel you get this product at a steal.
- Check out site for deals/promos going on.
- As of this review date (10/22/17), NECTAR’s current promotion is $125 off any mattress + 2 free memory foam pillows. I’d like to mention that the memory foam pillows are pretty nice.
- Came via Fedex.
- NECTAR offers Free Shipping on all their mattresses.
- As of 10/22/17, NECTAR mattresses are on backorder due to high demand.
- I feel that you get a high quality product at a low cost.
- The NECTAR absorbs motion easily which results in a better sleep experience for me (and my husband too!).
- NECTAR is manufactured in the USA. This for many reasons is a huge plus to me.
- The one year risk free sleep trial, “Forever Warranty”, free shipping and easy return/refund process make the NECTAR worth trying out.
- I love the NECTAR. I find myself (and have caught my husband and youngest as well) finding excuses to go into my room now just to lay on it.
- I personally recommend it. I have found so many positives about it. The only negative so far is the smell but that is to be expected.
Ready to find out more about the NECTAR or to purchase?
Should anything in regards to my opinion of the NECTAR mattress change, I will be sure to come back and share my thoughts in this post.
Thanks for reading! 🙂
Dislcosure: I was sent a NECTAR mattress from NECTAR Sleep in exchange for a review on my blog. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. This post may also contain affiliate links which support this site at no cost to you.