Have you been debating whether to move home lately, but you just can’t seem to make up your mind? We all get to this stage at some point. Perhaps your family has recently grown? Maybe you’ve simply lived in your current property for many years now? No matter what applies, read on to discover some of the key signs that now is the time to move home.
- You can no longer afford your home – This is one of the clearest signs that you need to find real estate experts and look for a new home. If you cannot afford the mortgage payments and the upkeep of your property, don’t risk financial ruin by being stubborn and staying put. Look for somewhere cheaper so that you are living somewhere you can comfortably afford. A bigger house is not worth getting into significant debt for.
- You have outgrown your home – Have you outgrown your home? Before you decide to leave your current property, make sure that your family actually is too big for it. Are you using your property to full effect at present? Are your older kids going to be there for a long time? If you have an older child that’s going to go off to university within the next year or two, it’s probably not worth upsizing right now. After all, they can make way for the new addition to the family. It may mean a year or two cramped, but this may be better than moving and then moving again.
- Your home no longer fits your lifestyle – This links to the former point. If your children have moved on, and it’s just you and your partner at home now, it may be worth looking for a smaller house. You will be able to keep the money you have made on the sale for your retirement, or you could invest it.
- House prices are on the rise – If you are debating whether to sell your property, and house prices are currently on the rise in your area, maybe now is perfect timing? You don’t want to risk leaving it too long and missing out on the big profit. However, this is one of the riskiest reasons to move, as there is always the chance that the house prices could continue to rise more and more. Consider this carefully before making your decision.
- You feel like you are stuck in a rut – Do you feel irritated by your surroundings? Are you fed up all of the time? If so, maybe it’s time for a new lease of life? We all get tired of the same thing day in and day out. Don’t be afraid to move somewhere new, whether it’s a different country or simply the next village. Change is good for all of us.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding as to whether now is the time for you to move home or not. If a number of the signs mentioned above apply to you, it sounds like you’re ready to start your property search and move to somewhere new. Good luck!